4/4/14

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder






On first impressions I wasn't overly keen on the plastic packaging/lid as the lid didn't seem secure and I felt like it would crack within a few days of buying on. Thankfully, this hasn't been the case and as it was exceptionally cheap so I shouldn't really expect flashy packaging. With this being said, although the packaging isn't up my street, the product itself is fantastic. 

Your probably reading this and thinking 'it's only a powder' but for me powder is a vital part of my daily makeup routine. As my skin can be partial to an oily t-zone, setting my foundation with a powder is an absolute must for me. As well as that, I really don't like shiny looking skin. I know lots of people go for a 'glowy' look these days but for me personally I prefer my base to be matte and then I can add a glow to my cheekbone/tear ducts and brow bone using highlighters or eyeshadows.

I've been applying this every morning after my foundation with my Real Techniques Powder brush and it leaves my skin looking flawless, even, and most importantly, matte. It controls any shine from my foundation or t-zone and blends into my skin nicely without looking caky. I'm not quite sure I believe Rimmel's claims it lasts for five hours but I'm yet to find a powder that looks the same five hours later and trust me, I've tried a lot. Nevertheless, it does keep my makeup set all for a few hours, keeps shine minimized and with a light top up throughout the day I'm good to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin