6/8/14

MAC Dim Lip Erase Lip Balm





MAC describes this as “a flesh-toned balm that visually neutralizes and erases natural colour from the lip. Shine- and texture-free.” I bought Lip Erase as an impulse buy to make the free shipping minimum on the MAC site. I thought it wouldn’t be anything special, but I would give it a go anyways. I’m actually pleasantly surprised. While it does have some downsides, it makes lipstick look more vibrant and helps it stay on longer as well. 

This is a handy product to have, especially for a makeup artist. It comes in two shades: Pale for light to medium skintones and Dim for medium to dark. Everyone has different lip colors, which makes shopping for lip products difficult if you can’t try a product on. Think of Lip Erase as the great equalizer for that. A thin layer of lip erase made even my faintest lipsticks show up true to color and also doubled their wear time. The formula can be a bit drying, so only a thin layer is needed to achieve results. I would not recommend wearing this alone for a nude lip look as it too yellow and just looks highly unnatural on its own. That being said, this would work wonders for those who have pigmented lips and trouble achieving a nude lip look with lipstick alone. I really like this product and though I never thought I needed a “lip eraser” before, I don’t know how I got along without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin