5/17/14

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation





What Mac says about Pro Longwear:
In the world of Pro Longwear, Foundation and Concealer carry the show with creamy, medium buildable coverage right through to a flawless, natural finish. Marathon makeup to go, made from micronized pigments to promote the smoothest application and colour purity.
How I would describe it:
Pro Longwear is an aqua based, oil free foundation - which doesn't mean it's silicone free nonetheless. I would describe the consistency as a more liquidy version of Studio Sculpt, hence easier to spread although still slightly gel-like and thick.
I would definitely not describe the coverage as medium, on me it goes on full coverage and the slight redness on my cheeks definitely does not show through one layer of this foundation.
The product sets quickly, so you have to apply fast and area by area, and it sets quite matte.

The Pros:
Comes in a bottle with a pump, which is hygienic
SPF 10
Oil-free and aqua based, which means it's perfect for you if you have oily skin
Heavy buildable coverage, which is nice if you want something long lasting but don't need a lot of coverage, as Most products in this category are high coverage
High pigment concentration is obvious

The Cons:

 Not the easiest to apply in my opinion, you will need a primer underneath to help it go smoothly
Has been reported to oxidize, but I haven't noticed anything - I generally don't have this issue, though

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin