5/28/14

tarte maracuja creaseless concealer



Now, I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I had heard raves about this product to really moisturize under-eyes, but when I bought my first tube I thought the people doing the raving must be nuts. For one thing, it’s a really thick product. I think they’re working on the packaging for this, because it is extremely hard to get out of the tube. A combination of product thickness, the width of the neck of the tube, and what feels like too much air in the tube itself. So it’s a little hard to work with, just in terms of getting it out of the tube. It’s also somewhat tricky on the skin. It’s great with a teeny amount for covering blemishes or red spots, but I really wanted it for undereye. I was used to a thinner concealer, and the first few times I tried it I used way too much product. I ended up with super cakey horribly obvious concealer circles, plus the product settled into my existing wrinkles (which aren’t even bad!) and made them visible from across the room. I didn’t like! Not at all! But now that I’ve played with it more, changed my application method and the amount of product I am using, I am a fan. It’s thick, it’s waterproof, you have to blend it softly and well (I am using a beauty blender) but once you get it on properly, it stays in place.

2 comments:

Hover to Pin