5/19/14

the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer




'Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody's eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the night.'-theBalm.com

 Could this packaging get any cuter? I think not! I love the humorous name and the gorgeous pin-up girl. You're also getting a ton of product ( $24 for 0.30oz. ) in this adorable compact.  It's super pigmented and leaves a lovely effect. The soft champagne shade leaves a natural but undeniably glowy sheen that would compliment most skin tones. It does have very fine golden shimmer but it's not glittery or overly sparkly. It's the perfect combination of a natural-looking yet noticeable highlight. If you're looking for a subtle highlight, this one may not be for you.

 I honestly can't imagine ever hitting pan on this product. Just a light dab on my brush is all I need to highlight my entire face. I use a light hand, dab the brush on the back of my hand to remove excess and blend it out well. Blending is very important with this highlight. If it's not blended out well it will make larger pores more noticeable. However, if applied correctly and properly blended, it will give you a gorgeous candlelit glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin